About our Restaurant
Hall's Honey-Fried Chicken, founded by John Hall, is a spinoff of Dallas' most famous chicken family - Henderson's Chicken Shack, which was founded by John's grandfather, Herman Henderson. Originally named the Chicken Shack in 1948, it was rebranded to Henderson's Chicken Shack in 1952. The Thomas Ave/Hall St. location became legendary as the spot for the best fried chicken in Dallas. Herman's son, Robert, joined the business in 1958 and the father- son duo operated several family owned stores in the Dallas and Houston area (Henderson's Coffee Shop) until the late 90's.
In 1989, with Robert's blessing to use the "original" recipe, John opened Hall's Chik'N 7 on Lancaster Rd. This location relocated to Camp Wisdom and was rebranded Hall's Chicken Shack in 1992. John, along with his siblings, opened and operated several locations throughout Dallas.
To honor his grandfather's legacy, John merged the two brands together and formed Hall's Honey-Fried Chicken.